KOAT-TV, the #1-rated Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, NM is looking for a morning show executive producer who can contribute to and manage a fast-paced, hard-edged, compelling news daypart. Excellent leadership and mentoring ability, writing skills, organization, solid journalistic integrity, and creative vision are a must. Ideal candidates will have the ability to produce television newscasts, specials & web content.
- Contributes to daily newscast production and manages a team of producers, anchors, reporters, photographers, meteorologists, editors, directors and production staff.
- Selects and writes content for live newscasts
- Works with and guides reporters in story production
- Communicates, coordinates and executes creative vision
- Coaches and mentors employees; celebrates victories, defines expectations and manages accountability
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Attends weekly management meetings, leads special project teams, evaluates supervised employees
- Unwaivering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Has a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Past management experience preferred
- Past producing experience required
- Web publishing experience required